3 Easy To Grow Veggies For Your Garden
Gardening can be a lot soothing as well as peaceful activity for your mind and soul. And, since you’re at it, why not try a hand on growing some easy to grow veggies in your garden? Believe me when I say, it really feels good when you pluck fresh veggies from your own garden space which you have put in so much love into growing it. As a matter of fact the food somehow does taste better as well, might be the effort you have put into growing that makes it tastier.
So, let’s learn about a few easy to grow veggies for your garden.
Lettuce or Salad Leaves
Lettuce is something that grows very quickly and at the same time is easily harvested.
• You need to select a container which is about A 4-6 inches, this will easily accommodate 2-3 plants.
• Fill it with good quality mix of seed-starter which is moist
• Using your hands settle the soil a little
• Leave some space of 1-3 inches for watering as well as fertilizer
• Add the seeds of lettuce according to the directions given on the package and keep it in a location that gets some bright sunlight.
• Until the lettuce seeds sprout water the soil to keeping it moist
• Fertilize the plant as mentioned on the package and of the package is already containing fertilizer wait for 10 weeks before you add fertilizer again.
• Once you see the lettuce growing to 2-3 inches in height add organic layer of much at the top to keep the soil moist.
• Harvest the lettuce carefully not disturbing other roots around it and you can re-seed again every 2 weeks so that you get continuous production.
Very popularly grown veggie in any sized garden, it can be grown inside hanging baskets and even other containers. You need to place them at a place where is lots of sun light and make sure they have some support for its stalks.
• You need a container of about 5-gallon
• Drill holes of about ¼ inches at the bottom of your container
• Place a layer of gravel of about 2-3 inches
• Then add ¾ bagged soil for potting to start with
• Add seeds of tomato according to the directions given in the package and place the pot in a sunny area.
• When you see the baby tomatoes growing add some fresh soil to the container, this will support its growing stem
• Do plant some marigold flower with the tomato plant to keep the bugs away
• Make sure it gets plenty of full sun light for 8 hours daily
Again very easy to grow are carrots in your home garden and they need a good amount of sunlight as well like many other plants.
• Carrots should be planned to plant at least 3-5 weeks ahead the date of last spring
• Ideally they need full sunlight; however it can tolerate moderate extent of shade
• Carrots seeds should be planted in rows which should be around 3-4 inches apart from each other
• Ensure there are not stones in the soil you plan to plant carrots
• Mulch gently so the soil stays moist, blocks the sunlight reaching the roots as well as speeds germination
• When the plants are 1 inches in height snip with scissors and not by pulling which can damage the roots
• Water it once an inch every week
• Fertilize after 5-6 weeks of sowing
• Ensure it gets plenty of sunlight
I hope this article will be of help for people looking to start a veggie garden!