10 Quick & Easy Organizing Ideas
People often tell me that they do not have the time to get organized.
Well, today I'm going to challenge your thinking because I have 10 quick and easy organizing tips for you.
We're all busy people and I'm sure you want to get down to business, right? If you're anything like me, that is!
You really do not need to have huge blocks of time to make any progress with organizing. That's just not true. Like Flylady says, you can do anything for 15 minutes.
"Small results, repeated consistently over time, produce huge results".
Here are some organizing tasks to do when you have a spare 5 or 10 minutes:
In the kitchen
While you're waiting for the kettle to boil or food to defrost in the microwave …
1. Organize your kitchen junk drawer
2. Check for any about-to-go-off food in the fridge.
3. Clear your kitchen counters of clutter
In front of the TV or during the ad breaks
4. Write out your shopping list.
5. Plan your menu for the week.
6. Go through a magazine with the sole intention to only pull out articles you actually want to read. If you're pulling out recipes, make sure that you will actually try them out.
7. Go around your house and empty all the rubbish bins.
On the computer
8. File or delete 10 emails.
9. Go through your RSS feed reader, declutter and organize your blogs.
10. Compress and crop some photos. Or better still, delete some duds
Since successful people take action, my challenge to you is this:
1. Print out this article.
2. Choose a different task to do every day for the next ten days.