Pros And Cons Of Modern Roller Blinds
Window treatments can either add or detract from the beauty of your home, which is why choosing the best window treatments for every room in your home takes some thought and consideration. It also may be why Roller blinds have become a popular window treatment option for many people. Roller blinds can be used alone or in combination with curtains and drapes. But, are these window treatments the best option for your home? Knowing the pros and cons will help you decide if these window treatments are the right for your home and décor.
Advantages of Modern Roller Blinds
- Versatile – Since they come in a variety of materials, styles, textures, colors, and designs, these blinds are an extremely versatile choice for that chic modern apartment or that small beach house. While bamboo can bring the beauty and warmth of wood into your home, cloth can bring a contemporary look and style to a home.
- Practical – Modern roller blinds are extremely practical as they are easy to raise and lower and allowing you to add as much light as you wish to a room. Some are electronic which makes controlling light from those hard to reach windows as simple as pushing a button.
- Easy to Install and Use – Roller blinds are easy to install and use and the ratchet system used for opening and closing the blinds helps you to avoid those hanging cords that are sometimes dangerous.
- Allows for a More Customized Look.
- Because there are so many styles and colors available and because these blinds can be used alone or with other window treatments such as drapes and curtains, they allow you customize the look of any room in your home. Your home décor should be as individual as you are, and modern roller blinds allow you to express your individuality beautifully and simply.
However, as versatile and beautiful as roller blinds are they still have a few disadvantages.
- Not for Victorian Homes – Since these blinds are so contemporary they really aren’t suitable for those older homes where the homeowner wants to retain the historical look of the home. More often than not these homes feature shutters not blinds in order to keep with the aesthetics of the homes décor.
- Special Cleaning. Depending on the materials used some blinds can require special cleaning. Blinds made of certain cloth materials, may need to be cleaned by a professional dry cleaners.
- Failed Mechanisms – Both Electronic systems and those using a ratchet system have parts that may fail and need to be cleaned and replaced. If you have purchased expensive modern roller blinds and the mechanisms fail and cannot be fixed you may be out some significant money.
Overall, modern roller blinds are not only suitable for most homes, their versatility can help you create a customized look for any room in your home while allowing you to filter light or block it out completely for privacy. While these blinds may not be right for historical homes, the other disadvantages may be easy to overcome or reduced by shopping wisely and buying from a retailer known for having great products.